1. I use the Libby app. Can I use this for SYNC titles instead of the Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive?
In 2020 the SYNC program will only work with Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. You do not need to be affiliated with a school to use the SORA app for SYNC. Instructions on how to set up your SYNC account in SORA coming in March 2020.
Each title will be available to be borrowed for one week only, but once borrowed, it will be available to the user indefinitely within Sora. PLEASE NOTE: The SYNC program does not work with the Libby app and in 2020 will no longer work with the OverDrive app.
2. How long will each audiobook be available for download and when does each SYNC week start?
Each audiobook will be available for you to load into the app for one week by "borrowing" the title. The files are available from Thursday morning 12am Eastern Time until the following Wednesday morning at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time when the new audiobook titles become available. When you have loaded the titles into the app they are yours to keep. Just be sure not to "return" the title. You may delete it from your library but it you "return" it your access will be lost.
3. I missed last week's audiobooks. May I still get them?
Per our agreement with the publishers, the free audiobooks are not accessible after their availability period ends at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday.
If you miss the availablity period we suggest borrowing the title from your local library or check out each title’s page on our website www.audiobooksync.com for sources to purchase.
4. I have students/patrons who love audiobooks. May I give them copies of my audiobook in class or reading/listening group?
These audiobooks are for your personal use and you may not distribute them. Please help your listeners to load their own personal copy on their own device.
5. Can I delete the titles from my device?
Titles can be deleted from your library, however if you "return" the titles you will no longer be able to download them again.
6. Do I need to return the audiobook?
The audiobooks are for personal use only. If you have finished a title and no longer want access to it please delete it from the SYNC library. As long as you have not yet "returned" the title you will be able to download it into your SYNC library again.
7. My question has not been answered. How do I get further help?
Please feel free to contact email@example.com and we will be glad to get back to you in a timely manner.